I recently released an 8 week Beta Program called “Strictly Strategy” to my email list. I have run several programs in the past geared towards helping new entrepreneurs build a solid foundation for their business, but this program was specifically for established entrepreneurs who were ready to level up!
After coming up with the program details, I released an email to my list asking for beta testers to test drive this 1:1 program with me. Now, if you’ve worked with me before, you KNOW how adamant I am about having beta testers run through your programs BEFORE you launch. It doesn’t matter if it’s an online course you’re launching, or a 1:1 program, having beta testers will help you in SO MANY WAYS!
Here are just a few:
- Weed out any hiccups – There’s bound to be a snag in any program. Wouldn’t you rather have all of those weeded out BEFORE your big launch? Your beta testers will help point out any issues along the way that you may want to adjust. Not only that, but you get direct feedback from people who would be your potential clients.
Identify specific outcomes & have results to back you up! – You may have a general idea of what your program can do for your ideal clients, but having specific examples of results your beta testers have achieved will show your ideal clients that it’s possible for them too! Think about it, wouldn’t YOU feel more comfortable signing up for a program that shows killer results? Of course!
- Testimonials – You can talk about your programs and courses all day long I’m sure. But having OTHERS talk about how awesome your programs and courses are TAKES THE CAKE! Your beta program should have incredible client support so that at the end of it, your betas are RAVING about you. When you see someone raving about someone else, doesn’t that make you super curious about what they have to offer? These testimonials at the end of your beta program are CRUCIAL. They show that you’re the real deal, that you know what you’re doing, and that you have the results to prove it.
- Confidence booster – Lets say you’ve never offered a program or course before and that you’re almost ready to launch your very first one. The nerves are high and so are the doubts! “Will my clients like this?” “Will anyone sign up?” “What if they don’t get results?!” All of these thoughts can keep us stuck. Instead, select a few beta testers. You’ll know all the answers to your questions by the end and you’ll have boosted your confidence in the process!
* Confidence is a funny thing. We often say, “I’ll do that when I feel more confident” when in actuality, confidence comes by DOING. It’s not something you can wish for. This is me on a soapbox telling you believe in yourself and jump feet first. Don’t tell yourself stories that you aren’t confident. YOU CAN DO IT!
Now, all that said, don’t just settle for just any ‘ol beta tester. Research is key. Identify exactly who you believe if your ideal audience, who your ideal client is, and approach them. I often have my clients do SEVERAL rounds of interviews and research to make sure the betas in their programs are a perfect fit.
- People who just want a cheap fix (they won’t try hard enough)
- People who don’t put in the effort (they’ll want you to do everything)
- People who don’t have a clear idea of what their signing up for (they won’t have a clear direction for you to work with)
- People who’s energy doesn’t vibe with yours (because ew.)